I will be talking about tax refund fraud on Fox national news with Shepard Smith today in the 3 pm ET hour. The bottom line is this: If you think a crook may have your social security number, go to the IRS Web site and download form 14039. Complete the form and send it to the IRS. You will then get a PIN number to file your taxes. Crooks don’t have the PIN, so they can’t use your information to get a tax refund in your name.

Here is more about the problem itself: